Thursday, January 7, 2010

Animals are Weird


Recently I heard some oldish actress say that she prefers dogs to men at this point. As an equal opportunity misanthrope I'd have to concur. Ive just begun to like dogs. but Ive always liked cats. Now I love them all. I have two cats. Im afraid to take in any more for fear of being labeled an eccentric cat lady. Instead, I do what eccentric cat ladies do- I go to the shelter and pet cats. Now lets get real. Cats own YOU. (If only they'd pay my health insurance Id be happy. Instead I pay theirs. ) If they want something, they act like guys - all lovely dovey and kissy face. After they get what they want, they return to eschewing you . Cats really bring out my issues with men. Dogs are different. They have no conditions unless they are mangy pit bulls who will bite your face off for no apparent reason. Cats usually dont do this, tho Ive had my share of nasty love bites right at the bottom of the nose area - oweyyy! Yet we delude ourselves into thinking that cats love us. They rub, they meow, they cover their poop - all signs of love in my book. Sometimes Violet and Petie will even sit on the couch with me - if its winter and theyre freezing their asses off. In summer forget it. Its like I dont even have cats. I can go days without seeing them and these are inside cats! Only their food dishes give them away. Next life, I would like to be a cat. With opposable thumbs. This is the only deal breaker. Id like to be able to get my own damn food. And I'd just as soon not have to use my tongue as toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment