Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blogging is subjective

I spent last evening with my good friends Michael and Albert in Warwick NY. Good food, OK wine (my choice) , nice people. Michael says he likes my blog, but that I am only skimming the surface of aging. He thinks I should blog about how old we are and how few years we have left and what's happening to our bodies. But I don't want to blog about that. What's the point?
None of us is stupid. We all have health issues, we all sag in places, we are afraid of death. That having been said, Michael's brother died on 9/11. He doesn't like euphemisms like 'passed' or 'lost'. The guy died. I realize how that could spark some healthy fatalism on his part. But I choose to remain as upbeat as possible for the time being. I still feel sixteen inside, and dammit, I'm not cleaning my room if I don't feel like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment