Friday, January 8, 2010

Impulsivity is Weird


I find as I've gotten older I've gotten more impulsive. And not just "I want that dress" impulsive, but "get me that co-op right now" impulsive, even though I didn't know I needed it ten minutes earlier and hadn't planned on buying property. And now that I'm land poor (land rich? I always confuse them) I go on Overstock and buy a couch I don't need either. I realize that this is all about the dreaded Instant Gratification. I'm not working much right now, I can't seem to work myself up for a love affair and its freakin' winter. (Try never to be unemployed during winter. It sucks. You think you'll go into the city every day to the Frick but it doesn't happen. Instead, I eat too much right here in Larchmont - another form of instant gratification. ) I try not to go to malls much, as this is a recipe for disaster - tho The Westchester food court has some delish babaganoush. If I really need something RIGHT NOW to quell my impulsivity, I look at my last Mastercard statement. And my last unemployment check. Seems to do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment