Thursday, January 14, 2010

Time is Weird

Seems like it was just my birthday. Then Halloween. Then Christmas. And now the Valentines are on display at CVS. Time is moving too quickly. Retailers may be rushing the seasons, but time is flying by besides. I wonder why it does so as we age. Perhaps because we live routine lives? But isn't it routine when you're a kid as well? School, homework, a play date here and there. It truly is a mystery, but it seems a cruel one. I'd love to wish winter away, but by doing that I'm wishing away two months of my life. Kids can afford this. I cannot. So I try to appreciate each day despite the weather because I know spring will be here before long, and then summer, and then my birthday. Whoosh! It's dizzying.

3 comments:

  1. Youth. Kids are too afflicted by the chemicals pumping through their veins, raging hormones, desire to play till they drop, and basically wasting time thinking about nothing. Oh, and then there is that "new" thing called sex. Hard to contemplate and enjoy anything when your mind is on bipolar mode.
    George Bernard Shaw had it right, "Youth is wasted on the young."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for the Wendy Whalen I met at Camp Billings in Ely, Vt. in the early '60's. She lived in or near Greenwich Village, NY and I believe she attended The Little Red Schoolhouse, and may have gone on to Washington Irving H.S. She was friends with a sister and brother named Lynne and Peter, whose last name I have forgotten. If you are the same Wendy Whalen, please contact me at migwar@aol.com. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, Wendy, why didn't you contact me back then ? Or, did you contact me back then? Has it really been over ten months since we got back in touch ? Yikes !!

    ReplyDelete