Thursday, January 7, 2010

Labels are weird

OK, this whole Cougar thing is just nasty. Men aren't labeled when they go after younger women - they are admired. Women who date younger men are labelled Cougars. How ridiculous. Labels are insidious. They tend to take you over. In the early 90s I was in a 12 step group called CODA - CoDependents Anonymous. I was Codependent - wasn't I? Yes and no. I went around with that label in my head for years until I saw that I was also Counter dependent in many ways, and co- in just a few. You can be an Alcoholic without is becoming the only thing you are. It is just one of the things. A cougar is a predator. I am not a predator. Susan Sarandon is not a predator. We are women who are open to men of all ages, as long as they are under 65 (hee hee) and dont like rap. Younger men are more desirable physically, as are younger women. Hopefully most people see beyond that but I guess they really dont. Lets be real. Ageism sucks but it's a reality. What Id really like is to date someone exactly my age - If I could find the boy who was in the basinette next to mine, even better. Then no one could complain. Except me, since it's what I do. "Our birthdays are too close! Its no fun! How can he look so decrepit when I look so great?" But I ain't no Cougar.

No comments:

Post a Comment